Everyone needs to have some tools of their own. My grad school roommate’s father had bought her a simple tool kit from Sears plus a hammer and she became the de facto quick fix person in our house. Then I moved in with F who had All The Tools so my biggest concern was knowing where to find the right tool for the job and where to put it back.
At no point along the lines did I ever have to purchase my own tools. I don’t own a house now, although I’m looking forward to that in the not-so distant future, but I do live in one and I’m fairly self sufficient (YouTube how-to videos are the best!) and need to be able to do some things without borrowing tools.
I won’t be able to buy everything tomorrow but I do want to start budgeting to spend a little money on tools each month. So I turn to you all, dear readers, what tools do you use all the time?
The List, so far:
- Screwdriver (already have)
- Tape measure (already have)
- Utility knife and blades (already have)
- Cordless drill (I’m embarking on a pretty major drywall project so this is a requirement!)
- Dikes (Turns out that’s a portmanteau word for “diagonal cutters,” cool, huh?)
WHAT ELSE DO I BUY???